Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poetry Slam

I stand here


walking along the moonlit beach,
thinking of reasons aplenty
beneath the twinkling stars,
dancing to the waves of melodies;

traveling in two different directions,
we came together at an unexpected stop;
as the silence of the night,
became unbearable, it was meant to be;

left speechless, without any inspiration
searching the shoreline and the waves
for a reason, that I must have missed
to kill this silence and enjoy the moment;

salt watered eyes soak
falling into poetic blindness
my heart plays a tune I cannot verbalize
the mouth runs dry at the thought of singing

dreams haunt my sleep
with traces of a past I never lived
walking blindly towards a mirage
of everything desired by my heart;

in silence, I stand here
questions running through my mind,
with the truth I cannot deny anymore,
as the moon weaves a ring of hope
in the darkened sky, I stand here
cherishing the moments,
as I embrace a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment